Thursday, October 18, 2007

worried and upset about many things

So, I'm a worrier. I worry about school: whether I can do school, whether I deserve to be there, whether I'm actually getting better, whether I'm working hard enough, etc.

I worry about life after school: What am I going to do once it's over? What if I run out of ideas and can't be an artist? What if I run out of money? What if I decide I want to be an engineer and no one wants to hire me?

I worry about myself: Am I where I'm supposed to be? Am I being true to myself? Am I overlooking a major character flaw that will eventually lead to my demise?

"...but only one thing is needed."*

"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."**

I'm not really sure of the true implications of this. What? Am I supposed to just drop everything?




maybe.



*Luke 10:42
**Galatians 5:6

4 comments:

sue said...

"you worry and fret about so many things! but only one thing is needed" -- i have that posted up in my room. worry vs trust.

"no one can serve two masters.. therefore, do not worry about your life.. your heavenly father knows what you need; seek first his kingdom and all these things will be given to you as well.. therefore do not worry about tomorrow!"

ButterPeanut said...

"The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet." Frederick Buechner

Adrienne said...

Esther, I feel the same way!
God has been giving me a peace though. I pray that God will give you peace as well.
Hey I'm in Toronto again, if your ever around I would love to see you! Its been a year or so since I last saw you.

sue said...

i love buechner.