Sunday, October 19, 2008

Today, I had a small milestone: I told people that I was "an aspiring actor." This story would probably be more impressive if I dropped the "aspiring" and didn't immediately qualify it by saying "I know it's kind of... you know," but I will still acknowledge this first baby step. I know sometimes I'm really psyched, but in that quiet, true way, I think I'm becoming okay with being a foolish dreamer.

I'm scared, you know? I really don't know what I'll be doing in one year. I've always said that I want to make art, but I'm learning that what I really want is to take that still, small voice in me and make it resound and resonate with people (or at least that's what I want to want). But who knows how that will take form or if it will at all?
No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those that love him.
I have this week off. I'm going to Guelph to spend some time with some Jesuits, getting headshots done and generally singing and acting in a room by myself until I get better. That's how I spend my time. Life has changed for your friend Esther.

No comments: