Friday, January 06, 2006

hermitian holidays

As with most holidays, for this one I had a list of things I wanted to do by the end of it. Wonderfully productive things! But as I attempt to do each one, the phrase, "but it's my holiday!" comes to mind, and I end up getting very little done.

Here's a list of the things I have gotten done this holiday:

o read
• Prince Caspian, C. S. Lewis
• Voyage of the Dawn Treader, C. S. Lewis
• Silver Chair, C. S. Lewis
• What Color is Your Parachute?, Richard Nelson Bolles
• Surrender to Love (not a trashy romance novel, but a cheesily-named yet insightful book on the nature of God), David G. Benner
• The Laramie Project, Moisés Kaufman
o watched
• half a season of Gilmore Girls
• 1.25 seasons of Dead Like Me
• third a season of Scrubs
• thrid a season of House
• Edward Scissorhands
• Benny and Joon
• Pride and Prejudice
• Bridget Jone's Diary
• The Producers
o gotten sick once
o eaten too much
o spent quantity time with Gloria
o learned how to play two songs on the guitar from Danny

Impressive, eh?* I'm trying to take stock of everything. It's a possibility that I could be living here again once I'm done with school. I feel like a different person when I come home. I don't have to worry about having someone to talk to, I don't have to worry about eathing, I don't even have to worry about getting anything done. Of course, those things will have to change if I move here.

Well, most things are going to have to change very soon.

My dad thinks I should go to law school. I almost believe him. (But not quite.)

Today I'm in love with Callum Blue. 8 cool points to whoever knows who that is. (This one's for you, Sarah.)






*Impressive that one can watch so much television.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i heart callum blue too. therefore i am cool.