Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"nice to meet you"

There's something about meeting a group of new people that I either love or hate.

This week I'm doing training at my new job at science camp. The people they hire usually have these big personalities that children will like. However, there's always this newness that's a bit uncomfortable. In a way, it's fun because you reach out and end up talking to neat people who you get along with. But in another way, it sucks becuase everyone, including myself, is making snap judgements and trying to get a picture in their head that they can connect you with.

I like meeting new people. It's like a game. You don't know who they are, and they don't know you either, and you're just trying to find something that grabs. But sometimes, it's just seems like too much bullshit. It's just too hard and silences are too long and nothing is meaningful. I suppose it just depends on my mood... and how good-looking the other person is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh bEsther.

I heart you.

I'm glad you thought I was good-looking enough to hang out with. :P