Sunday, July 16, 2006

the most tactless person on earth

I remember watching Whose Line Is It Anyway? one time and Colin Mochrie had to play the most tactless person on earth. It was really funny, but let me assure you in real life it is rarely very funny. Usually, it ends with a quiet space leaving the people around desperately trying to think of some other topic to talk about.

I have a knack of finding the least appropriate joke possible and saying it. Once, I was with a friend and made fun of his break-up. Little did I know the break-up was recent in history, and while that friend was trying to confide in me, I was trying to be funny.

And sometimes, I find the one thing that someone happens to be sensitive about, and I make fun of them for it. It's like a super power, if super powers are supposed make you into an awkward loser with no friends.

Maybe one day, I'll get to say a eulogy, and I'll make fun of the deceased and his or her loved ones. Then I won't ever have to worry about "hanging out with people" or "having friends".

1 comment:

Bea said...

Esther. hug. and many people love you. tact or no tact.