Saturday, June 28, 2008

my dear lisa

it's been such a long time, friend! i've been trying to keep updated by blog-stalking you and i love and miss you with every random picture.

so, you are being public blog emailed, which means that i'm going to have this email up on my blog as well. i hope you don't mind. i don't think you will...

i'm in korea! it's been about a month now, and i really hate my job right now (something i know you can relate to)... but right now, i'm reminded of a quote you put on your blog: "I do positively HATE my job, but whatever I hate my job in NYC!" i hate my job, but whatever i hate my job in seoul! i never thought of it like that yet. i need lessons in joy.

i've been thinking about you every once in a while here. in seoul, there are so many cute, cute things. there are some things that i know you would just love - the stationary, for example, is adorable. i was going to take a picture for you, but instead, i'll just send it to you in the mail. but keep in mind, that it'll take me a while to send it, and then it'll be a few weeks. but it'll be worth the wait... maybe. all the clothes are very cute, and some of it is super cheap - like about five dollars for a shirt is very common. and then some of my friends raised the question whether it's christian to buy nice clothes and i brought you up as an example of someone who worships God through beautiful things.

anyway, the reason you are getting public blog emailed is because i went to this amazing part of town - Samchung-dong - and my cousin took me to this cute restaurant that i know you would have loved. check it out.



Basak means 'crunchy'! this is the inside:



napkin holder on the table was neat-oh with this cool picture behind it.



bathroom! isn't it cool!



but here's the clincher. here's why i KNOW you'd love love love it:


HAND-WRITTEN menus! it looks like someone's journals, with little stickers and pictures on it.

anyway, i miss you, lisa... oh wait, i just remember why i didn't mail you that postcard already. how much longer will you be in NYC? let me know where i should mail you.

love to you, lisa lisa!

esther

3 comments:

liSa said...

soooooo CUTE!! Esther you have gone to the land of CUTE!

Been thinking of you too! Nice to see that you were at the restaurant w/ your cousin, that must mean that getting together has become less confusing.

Hope you can get around the work thing - i've noticed the absolute loathing of work is a bit cyclical, it becomes less so and more so.

My brain is hot - i must go inside. Also i just drank a giant iced coffee.

love u - liSa

ButterPeanut said...

your public blog emailings are so fun to read!

love from
the other lisa ;)

sue said...

aw I like all the lisas.