Sunday, February 26, 2006

i think being pathetic is funny...

... unfortunately, most people think that being pathetic is just pathetic. (I find this funny.) I compare this blog to this one, but for the most part, I think that blog is funny because people know it's such an exaggeration, where as mine is actually extremely sad. It's not, my friends. Laugh with me, because when I step back, I see that there's something in me making extremely exaggerated emotions, giving me a comic perspective.

I have this annoying habit of asking people what their dreams are. I kind of realized at that point that if I were to ask myself to same question, I wouldn't know the answer. I have these "dreams of the day", which kind of reflects the reality of my dreams - I want everything. I want to be a singer, actor, comedian, and at the same time, I don't want to be asking for too much.

My brother, who I've decided is going to be a man someday, spoke some huge truth into my life -- God doesn't speak through doubts. When God speaks, it's not that smarmy voice in the back of your head telling you that you're not good enough. His voice usually says, "I have something bigger." But, of course, you first need to believe that God talks, and that you can hear Him.

So what's the punchline? How about an analogy taken too far?:
I'm doing my taxes, which I think is a good thing, because I have no concept of the money I have or spend. For spending, I've stuck to my dad's philosophy of cheapness, and then I assumed I'd be okay. Doing taxes will hopefully help me take stock of my net worth.

Maybe, now, at the end of this fiscal period (of life!), it is time to take stock of my net worth. Who am I? What's so great about me besides the many words my name goes into? Don't worry, reader. This is not meant to fish for compliments, but perhaps to encourage a personal introspection. What makes you/me so special?* Once we figure that out, we can figure out what it is we deserve - our tax return of life, if you will.

Man! I am such a philosopher!




*This question must be asked in a non-rhetorical way to be effective.

No comments: