Monday, August 21, 2006

i have a friend named christopher crazypants

So, I did something bad. I have a tendency to make plans and then change them. This weekend was no exception - I made a million plans, then could only make half. On that other half was my dear friend Christopher Crazypants' farewell concert.

Let me tell you about Chris. I met Chris in high school, and he was always this vibrant presence. People would always say his name and be excited, because he was fun and fun followed him around. We were in band together and one day he asked me to accompany his flute on the piano. Thus began our friendship.

Over the last few years, Chris has gone through so much - enough to make anyone selfishly driven. He has big dreams, but he always was there to talk to me about mine and to encourage me to pursue them. Chris is a wonderful friend.

Now, Chris is going to UBC to study flute, something that he's wanted and worked for for a long time.* He deserves it so much, and I am so proud of him. But, this all means one thing. Chris is moving far away, and if all goes well, he probably won't be back in the area. Selfishly, I am sad. I'll miss him so much.

Anyway, this is my public apology for missing Chris' concert. I love you so much, Chris. You've added to my life, and I hope I have and will continue to add to yours.



*Awkward sentence noted.

No comments: