Friday, September 01, 2006

trying to lean forward

"The Selection Committee was most impressed with your achievements to date and with your potential for success at Sheridan. We wish you every success!"
I moved back to Stoney Creek yesterday and had this letter waiting for me. Thoughts:
1. Yay! I'm being looked after.
2. Yay! I have a room and drawers.
3. Ooh, wait. I'm not in Toronto, anymore...

The Almighty Selection Committee (to whom I am very grateful) was "most impressed" with what I've done so far. What have I done so far? I wrote a neat little essay to them a few months ago telling them how awesome I was, but I failed to convince myself.


A friend gave me a quote from On the Road.

"What is that feeling when you're driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? It's the too-huge world vaulting us, and it's good-by. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies."

No comments: