Sunday, November 12, 2006

dream of the day: to be emma thompson


I don't want to be someone who reviews movies because:
1. I don't watch a lot of new movies.
2. People always disagree with me, so I don't want to be responsible for making you see a movie you don't like. I mean, I really liked Punch Drunk Love and I hated Love, Actually.

BUT, you have to go see Stranger Than Fiction. Gloria and I went with expections of a Will Farrell movie, and we were both pleasantly disappointed. It's wonderful, it's thought-provoking. And Emma Thompson's performance may give you dreams of being her. Her character's angry, weird, and honest, with all these wonderful quirks.

The story is really original and interesting. I think the writer Zach Helm is someone to look out for. Plus, they have some really simple graphic designs through out, which enhanced the mentality of it all.

Okay, so just watch it, and fall in love with it, and thank me. I'm going to go add this one to my Facebook profile. (Now, you know I'm not joking.)

3 comments:

dannyhuh said...

how can i be pleasantly disappointed now?
you also liked "the view from... an airplane?" or something like that.

sequesthered said...

View From The Top was fun!

What's there not to love?
Gwyneth Paltrow = great actress
Mark Ruffalo = great actor
Story of young woman with aspirations to be a flight attendant who finds out that the most important thing is love = satisfying plot

I don't know what everyone's issue is.

sue said...

i really really want to see stranger than fiction!!!! really.