Saturday, November 05, 2005

people i don't understand suck

I believe myself to be pretty reasonable.

But who doesn't? Who really says "I'm not reasonable." and means it when it comes to the logic behind their actions? Yes, people say mean things about others, but I'm sure they believe they have good reasons for it. We know that stealing's wrong, but it seems completely reasonable in Ocean's Eleven.

Okay, so say I am in conflict with another person. I'm trying to see their point of view, but it seems like this yields two outcomes:
1. I see their point of view, but it's wrong and they're crazy.
2. I see their point of view, and I'm wrong and I'm crazy.

Of course there's the theoretical idealistic outcome:
3. I see their point of view, understand it, and realize that we're both wrong and both right.

But who can expect such balance? Well, everyone.

No comments: