Wednesday, November 30, 2005

that weight on your shoulders is called a backpack

You know when you take out this heavy book from your backpack, but when you put it back on, it's still heavy? That is my life at this moment. After much griping, I finally turned in my teacher's college applications. Expecting to be very relieved, I've suddenly remembered all the things I've been neglecting. Like school. I have been attending classes regularily (except one...) but now that my mind is free to see what's going on, I realized that I haven't been mentally present for weeks.

Whatever. It's not like exams are next week or anything... right? Right?! Uh oh.

My quantum prof could be a teenage Korean girl. She's very young, a little ditzy, and sing-songs repetitive concepts in her Korean accent. I bet my mom was like her. I don't doubt that she is very intelligent (she is well-recognized as a researcher), but she's a character. She'd be in my sitcom. Anyway, today she was talking about researching. Specifically she said, "If you want to you go into research, you have to be very good at math, and this is easy math!" (Note: I don't think Bessel functions are easy math.) It then occured to my that I do not want to go into research. I kind of knew that already, but "kinda knowing" something is a little worthless. "A little worthless" is a little worthless thing to say.

I love backpacks. They're very practical. However, it serves as a constant reminder of my burdens. Then again, if I filled it with candy, it would still be heavy.

No comments: