Tuesday, November 08, 2005

psst... I read your blog

I'm weird. Not in that cool way that makes people like you, but in that way that's hard to understand. Sometimes I go up to people and say, "psst... I read your blog," and I feel guilty! Like, I know that it's published on the internet and all that stuff, but I still feel guilty. What if they didn't want me to read it? I just kind of stumbled upon it, but what if they made it only for certain people to read, i.e., people they like, and I'm not one of them.

Facts about me:
#1: I am easily guilted.
#2: I always think that people don't like me.

So... Are you okay with me reading your blog? Should it even matter to me?
Let me tell you a secret: I only bookmark the blogs of people who've sent me their link. But in reality, I read a lot more of them regularily.

Usually when I tell people about my invasion of their internet space, they're always like, "Oh... Okay. Well, I did put it on the internet." Then I feel awkward (which isn't hard for me to do), because I feel like I just told them I can see them change through my window.

One time, my friend told me that blogging was exhibitionist. I totally agree. But maybe we don't see enough of each other. We're so fenced off from each other, that maybe emotional streaking is something that we should all have to do.

Still... Is it okay to watch?

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Esther,
Read my blog! You can be as pessimistic as you want with your comments. I think that 'you are so wise for your age' that I welcome any imput (heehee).