Wednesday, November 19, 2008

day 2

I almost gave up on this whole blog-a-day thing. Day 2 is an important day for me. I'm a big dreamer, and that gives way to many plans - too many plans to actually follow through on everything. So often I'll, in my mind, make these very well-intentioned plans that will inevitable lead me to be a better performer/musician/student/person, that never come to fruition.

I had a conversation with my friend Lucas* about how frustrated we were. I believe I have worked hard, but often I sometimes take a break from working hard because it doesn't seem to show anything. I know I'm supposed to trust the abstract concept of "the process" while I just optimistically trudge along, but sometimes that doesn't seem like enough.

*You wanna hear something embarrassing? Lucas and I have to kiss in the show, but I'm really bad at it, so yesterday we were practising. Of course, we got caught in the most embarrassing way possible. Our choreographer called us onstage telling us to stop having so much fun. GA!

1 comment:

sue said...

I agree re the whole second paragraph - and even when I see some actual Progress in my Process, it's easy to forget about.

And the kissing thing is just funny.