Wednesday, November 26, 2008

learning to be helpless

My brother has been saying that his blog-a-days have been producing insincerity, which, I suppose, is the risk of any artist trying to produce art. For me (for today at least) I feel like there are always things bubbling over the top that I never really get a chance to express. Sometimes it's "I'm really tired. I want to whine." but I guess that whole hope for honesty is what I'm aiming for.... well, maybe something more than that - interesting honesty.

So on Sunday I heard a sermon on love, and the speaker said that the best love comes when you feel completely helpless. I don't really understand that fully, but I'm finding myself in situations where I am at a loss at how to love my friends. I can try to do what I can for them, but sometimes, I just feel helpless. When I heard the sermon I thought that the receiver of love is supposed to feel helpless, not that the giver might need to be. I guess none of us are true givers of love, but channel-ers of God's love, and we need to get the f out of the way for that to happen.

No comments: