Wednesday, March 15, 2006

naive security

So I have this dream, this fantasy - to be a musical theatre performer, an actor, even. I hope to attend theatre school. After a really good audition, I began, slowly to let people know of my plans. Before this, I had too many conversations like this:

"So what are you next year?"
"I don't know."
"No grad school?"
"No!"
"I guess you're getting a job."
"Yeah, I guess I should look then."

So, to a few groups of people, I've been telling them of my aspirations. It's a little scary. You never really know what people are thinking. Sometimes it's "Oh! That's really cool! You're a cool person!" or it's "Maybe I can do that too!". I love those responses. But sometimes I feel the response is more like, "Do you know what the hell you're getting into?" Those are hard to deal with - I'm unsure whether it's because I haven't really thought about this question, or I think about it too much.


I feel like this dynamic duo: Mindy and Buttons. You know the story (if not, educate yourself). I kinda feel like Mindy - too young to understand danger. But the Thing is Mindy is always safe! Buttons always takes care of her. She never gets hurt, because while she's naively climbing skyscrapers, Buttons has got her back. This is how I want to feel - safe even in naivety. Often we're scared because we don't know enough, but today I want to be happy that I don't know anything, except that some cosmic dog has got my back.

1 comment:

Bea said...

well you know that He's always got your back right? Though I've never really thought of Him as a cosmic dog before, but hey it works! You've also have a bunch of earthly homies who got your back too. woof.