Tuesday, March 28, 2006

how to hurt me

I've found that there is a certain way that people always can get me. Just follow the following steps:
1. Disagree with me.
2. By seeming completely logical and in control:
- Make me feel stupid and unreasonable for offering a differing opinion.
- Make me feel stupid and unreasonable for having a differing opinion.
If you succeed, I'll walk away thinking I did something wrong and that I'm a bad person.

You probably need to be a certain type of person - the type of person who I could probably respect, with good opinions. This horrible thing about this is that these people don't seem like assholes and bitches! In fact, they seem like friends! If you're able to be my friend, first - if you're able to be someone I trust - these steps become 550% more effective!

Maybe if I was a little less proud, these steps wouldn't be as effective. Maybe if I wasn't as insecure as I am, this wouldn't bother me.

I hate that I let people get to me. It's funny - while I do have the longings of a young girl to be loved, sometimes I feel like it would be easier if I was a rock.

"And a rock feels no pain,
And an island never cries."
- Simon and Garfunkel

No comments: